Terms and Conditions
COSMO21 is dedicated to providing an inclusive and harassment-free experience for everyone. Harassment of conference participants in any form will not be tolerated.
- • Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion
- • Sexual images in public spaces
- • Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- • Harassing photography or recording
- • Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- • Inappropriate physical contact
- • Unwelcome sexual attention
- • Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, event organisers (and SOC and LOC) retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender and may even result with expulsion from the conference (with no refund), reporting to relevant authorities and/or to the offender's home institution.
Event organisers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, or if you find a behaviour unprofessional during the conference, please report it as soon as possible.
Reports can be made personally or anonymously.
You can make a personal report by:
- • Calling or messaging this phone number:
- • Contacting a staff member, identified by STAFF badges, buttons, or shirts
- • Contacting anybody in the SOC/LOC
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. You can bring someone to support you. You won't be asked to confront anyone and we won't tell anyone who you are, without your permission.
Our team will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to be and feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
See our safety page for more information.
You can make an anonymous report here.
While organisers can't follow up an anonymous report with the person who filed the report directly, the report will be investigated and the organisers will take whatever action with the aim to prevent a recurrence.